Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Three Big Pups!!!

Today I went for a walk with Toby (my dog). We left the house in the middle of the afternoon, around 1:30pm. I decided to take him all the way down this LOONNNNGGGG road that makes a HUGE circle and eventually leads to the park and back to my house (I'm not naming the street sorry). Several times I almost chose to take a short cut home because of how hot it was but something kept nagging at me and telling me to go all the way around. Later I found out why. Two dogs were loose on the busy street! They were on the opposite side of the road from me and when they saw me they bolted across the street right in front of two trucks pulling trailors! They gave me a freakin' heart attack! When they got to me I was telling Toby to sit and I had the leash ready to pull him away if they tried to attack him. Luckly, they didn't. I knew I couldn't leave them on that busy street so I caught the fat black lab and tied her up with Toby on the leash. The pit-bull mix followed us but I got nervous by how far she kept going from us so I told Toby to sit again and I took the leash off of him and looped it up and put it around her neck. Then I slide it underneath the black lab's collar and hooked it back up to Toby. I then proceeded in walking/being dragged back home. Poor Toby didn't know what to do because I had trained him NOT to pull but the two dogs were dragging him along with me and he didn't want to be dragged. So, he cowered on the leash while I kept telling him it was okay. By some miracle we made it home and Blood Riceball (my brother) helped me find their owners, who were out for the day. Apparently the pit-bull mix (Shelby) liked to bust out of the fence and the black lab (CoCo) would follow her.

Hai, that was my eventful afternoon. I didn't get home until 4pm.


Love,


~Lone Wolf~

No comments: